Monday, July 12, 2010

Hand-Crafted Awesome

One word: ETSY.

I'm obsessed. You can find anything and everything on that site, and it is guaranteed to be a million times more charming than you would have imagined. I am constantly on Etsy searching for wedding related items, one of which was a guest book/photo album.

I got the idea for a Guest book album from our photographer, Noa, who showed us the ones she designs and that are available for purchase. Her's are beautiful flush mount albums, but were out of our price range, so I went on the hunt, which brought me to Etsy...which brought me to Etsy store Lacuna.

Lacuna is run by an adorable woman named Hana who lives with her family in Portugal. She makes personalized photo albums, journals, or any other books from recycled wood, and hand carves beautiful pictures onto the covers.

Here's the link to her Etsy store and her Flickr page.

Aren't they amazing?? I had to have one! I thought it would be perfect for our outdoor/vintage inspired wedding.

Hana just emailed me 2 days ago with the finished product that only took about 10 days for her to complete!

And here it is:





It's absolutely perfect, and exactly how I imagined it to look! The best part, is that is cost less than $100 including the shipping from Portugal! It doesn't get much better than that!!


-L.Bean

1 comment: